Community

Popped My Identity At The Aurora Farmers Market, Just Like Pop-Corn

Popped My Identity At The Aurora Farmers Market, Just Like Pop-Corn

I blew my cover at the Aurora Farmers Market. Then really what cover? I never had one I just never told anyone what I do and who I am - I just take Read More »
Mayor’s Anti-Litter Day Event Great Event, Short On Innovation

Mayor’s Anti-Litter Day Event Great Event, Short On Innovation

It all started with the reminding announcement I heard on the radio yesterday while driving home. The announcer sounded rather sarcastic than Read More »
Meeting The Auroran’s New Employee, Newspaper At Your Door

Meeting The Auroran’s New Employee, Newspaper At Your Door

Apr 9, 2012
No Comments Yet
Few changes in our town last week. The George W. Browning house was demolished - that was one and I am sure we will be reading about it in our local newspaper, The Auroran, this week. Read More »
Beyond And Under, Still No Grocery Store For Seniors, St. Andrew’s Plaza

Beyond And Under, Still No Grocery Store For Seniors, St. Andrew’s Plaza

When I was checking out library books I noticed framed article right at the exit, just beside the security gates. I packed my books and went to check it out. The article was titled 'Aurora Public Library' Read More »
Art for the Park, Last Year Designs 2011

Art for the Park, Last Year Designs 2011

Mar 8, 2012
No Comments Yet
That was great idea to introduce event in Aurora such as the Art for the Park. Little splatter of fresh colors on the picnic tables makes the park even more inviting. Read More »
Doors Open Aurora Cultural Centre Or Doors Closed, And The Motion Is Cultural Shock?

Doors Open Aurora Cultural Centre Or Doors Closed, And The Motion Is Cultural Shock?

Once upon the time and that time was last year when I re-invented my blog and moved from blog-ger to word press-er. I invested all the little time I had and I never even anticipated this return on my investment. Read More »
Wells Street Public School, It Is Hard To Believe, A Private Property

Wells Street Public School, It Is Hard To Believe, A Private Property

On the way home from the Town Park on Monday we passed by the Wells Street School. Even though it is not a functional school anymore, it will always be known as school in our community. Read More »
Arctic Adventure 2012 At The Town Park Better Photographed Than Said

Arctic Adventure 2012 At The Town Park Better Photographed Than Said

What a beautiful day it was for the Family Day at the Arctic Adventures event at the Town Park. We arrived close to lunch as I thought that parking will be available - never know some always leave for lunch. Read More »
Something Is Missing In The Aurora Cultural Centre

Something Is Missing In The Aurora Cultural Centre

Once I looked at the walls of the Aurora Cultural Centre and thought - what were these diagonal scratch marks on the wall? As a matter of fact on the both sides. Read More »
The Society of York Region Artists Is Celebrating 25th Anniversary, SOYRA Show

The Society of York Region Artists Is Celebrating 25th Anniversary, SOYRA Show

No, not the rain? Its January, and it is raining now. Some snow still on the ground and just on the weekend it was -14C. It is kind of hard to wander in the cold around Aurora with my camera(s) and with 3.5 year old. Read More »
Free Tim Hortons Holiday Skating At The Stronach Aurora Recreation Complex, First Time On Ice

Free Tim Hortons Holiday Skating At The Stronach Aurora Recreation Complex, First Time On Ice

Dec 30, 2011
No Comments Yet
We took an opportunity to enjoy the free holiday skating sponsored by Tim Hortons at the Stronach Aurora Recreation Complex today before lunch. Read More »
Christmas Always Unforgettable Memories, Our Town The Night Before Christmas Eve

Christmas Always Unforgettable Memories, Our Town The Night Before Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve next day and I have not had a single chance to get some night images showing beautiful Christmas light shows around the Aurora. Finally, after dinner Friday night I asked for a ride. Read More »
Aurora Strategic Plan, Focus On How, Less On What, Hint Do Heritage Retrofits

Aurora Strategic Plan, Focus On How, Less On What, Hint Do Heritage Retrofits

Sometimes it is easier to start from scratch rather to continue with the existing system. In my mind I think we as the community really need to focus Read More »
Aurora Strategic Plan, Sustainable Communities, How? High Density Housing

Aurora Strategic Plan, Sustainable Communities, How? High Density Housing

Building sustainable community in the Town of Aurora, a community that promotes sustainable living by reducing use of Earth's natural resources, is my next topic for the Aurora's 2031 Strategic Plan. Read More »