Community

Aurora Farmers Market, In The Past It Was Old Post Office & General Store

Aurora Farmers Market, In The Past It Was Old Post Office & General Store

Aug 16, 2011
No Comments Yet
The Aurora Farmers Market is definitely not just a place to buy local but also it is a gathering place 'Your Meeting Place In Aurora'. Another place to buy, but there is more. A place where we meet others. A place where children have fun. A place where we escape. Read More »
Petch House, It Was A Lifetime Opportunity

Petch House, It Was A Lifetime Opportunity

Aug 10, 2011
One Comment
Theoretically Petch House will never be the same. As of a last week August 4th, 2011 in the late afternoon, the house was totally taken apart and all logs and other parts of the house were moved to the storage on the local farm where it will be restored. Read More »
Petch House, That Is Strange? Alive Again

Petch House, That Is Strange? Alive Again

Jul 30, 2011
No Comments Yet
Three months elapsed since April 21st, 2011 - my first visit inside the Petch house. Destiny of the 160 year old log house was then unknown, but was promising. Read More »
Risks At Playgrounds, Monkey Bars?

Risks At Playgrounds, Monkey Bars?

Jul 19, 2011
8 Comments
The 'Playground equipment sparks debate' an article published in The Banner on July 14, 2011 definitely sparked debate everywhere. Read More »
Merlin’s Hollow, Best Of The Last Visit

Merlin’s Hollow, Best Of The Last Visit

Jul 18, 2011
No Comments Yet
It was another great visit accompanied by great weather conditions, sadly it was last one for the season, to the Merlin's Hollow, an English garden created by the Tomlinson's here in Aurora. Read More »
Who Was Mrs. Capstick, Pet Cemetery, Part V

Who Was Mrs. Capstick, Pet Cemetery, Part V

I know that I have not written much about Victor Blochin since his wife Anne Elizabeth Blochin, maiden name Wilson, Read More »
People Behind The Pet Cemetery, Mrs. Anne Elizabeth Blochin, Part IV

People Behind The Pet Cemetery, Mrs. Anne Elizabeth Blochin, Part IV

Some sources are telling me that there is a possibility that the overgrown pet cemetery was owned by Kennel Inn in Aurora, and now is changing hands, possibly to be developed in the future. Read More »
About Canada’s Only Pet Cemetery In Aurora, Finally, Part III

About Canada’s Only Pet Cemetery In Aurora, Finally, Part III

Happy Woodlawn (Woodland) was the Canada's first and only pet cemetery situated here Aurora, Ontario. It was privately own by Mr. and Mrs. Victor Blochin. Read More »
The Petch House, A New Journey

The Petch House, A New Journey

Jul 9, 2011
No Comments Yet
The Petch house is getting a lot of attention in THE AURORA and The Banner lately. Lengthy articles are written. Columns are filled with letters to the editor. The Petch house itself is being prepared for the move. Read More »
CTV Media Helicopter, Why Today?

CTV Media Helicopter, Why Today?

Jul 5, 2011
No Comments Yet
I looked up and I saw CTV media helicopter heading towards Newmarket. I heard sirens too. The unusual helicopter sighting flying over Aurora Arboretum this afternoon was in fact related to the funeral of fallen officer Const. Garrett Styles. Read More »
Merlin’s Hollow, Red Poppy A Flower Of Comfort

Merlin’s Hollow, Red Poppy A Flower Of Comfort

Jul 3, 2011
2 Comments
Another great visit to Merlin's Hollow on July 2nd, 2011. First to notice were red poppies in the Winter Garden at the entrance. The petals of the poppy flower before blooming are crumpled in the bud, that is often why you may see them wrinkled. Read More »
The Aurora Farmers Market, A Good Luck Horseshoe Found

The Aurora Farmers Market, A Good Luck Horseshoe Found

Jun 23, 2011
2 Comments
When I delivered my accessibility recommendations to the Town of Aurora about two weeks ago in front of the Town Hall I noticed pained picnic tables. Happens to me all the time. Read More »
Who Is The Man In The Green Shirt, Gordon Barnes?

Who Is The Man In The Green Shirt, Gordon Barnes?

Jun 17, 2011
No Comments Yet
On one of my posts Mayor's Anti-Litter Day, Event Photo Coverage I took picture of the man in a green shirt and the long feather attached to his hat. Read More »
Merlin’s Hollow, Art In The English Garden

Merlin’s Hollow, Art In The English Garden

Jun 17, 2011
2 Comments
Now let me give you a photo tour of some of the artistic items you may want to notice beside the flowers if you on your way to visit this beautiful English flower garden. In the first post (Merlin's Hollow, Beautiful Accents Of The Garden) I presented photo gallery of some of the flowers that are blooming now in June. Read More »